August 15, 2007

wasted years

Well, it's my birthday this week. I'm now old enough to wonder if I should go to the National Young Writers Festival in Newcastle this year because, you know, I'm not really that young any more.

I'm going to be honest with you; I'd really appreciate a present, no matter how crappy. I love presents. If you're stuck for ideas, I'd kill for a replica of the original Soundwave or Starscream Transformer. I'm not asking you to get it for me, I'm just saying that you should.

I bought myself a present: an Iron Maiden 'Number of the Beast' t-shirt. Kick arse!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Iron Maiden's film clips fucking suck beyond belief. Why would you go the kitsch comedy angle on this track? My favourite Maiden track, Run to the Hills, has an even worse one which I blogged about previously.

3 Comments:

Blogger g-man said...

Too old to be young? You're never too old to be young. Or is that you're only as old as you are young? Well nevermind. Have a happy birthday anyway.

11:03 pm, August 15, 2007  
Blogger richardwatts said...

happy birthday spunkrat

9:34 pm, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Danny said...

That film clip was such an anti-climax. Ratt always did awesome film clips. Happy birthday.

10:26 pm, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home