July 06, 2007

99 problems

I went to some op-shops on Chapel St today looking for some print samples and examples of hand-rendered type for some projects this semester. I came upon this charming gem.





In case you missed it, check this out:


I don't have a vinyl player, so I am relying on the internet for this info:–
Frederik and Nina were a calypso duo in the 1960s. Frederik was killed by pirates in the Phillipines in 1994. According to IMDb, the couple "moved effortlessly in the 1960s between folk, calypso, pop and protest songs."

Funnily enough, a movie called The Hoax was recently released about Nina's second husband, Clifford Irving, who wrote a fake biography of Howard Hughes. The role of Nina is played by Julie Delpy. The role of Frederik is played by Antonie Knoppers.

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind when I found this was the time I interviewed Gene Simmons.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nx said...

Nina and Fredrick are freaks, you should listen to their music it will kill you! It's like 2 uber white people doing dodgy Jamaican accents. SOOOOOO wrong!

10:39 pm, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home