August 05, 2005

tattooed millionaire

Phew! Life is super hectic. An update:
Yes, I am at TAFE. Yes, I'm still on the dole.

Because I'm studying full time, Centrelink have given me a holiday from things like Work for the Dole and handing in forms.

Just as I expected, TAFE is a hybrid of uni and highschool. Seriously, there are teachers who actually try to discipline the students! Can you fucking believe it? I tried to institute a rebellion, but some of the classmates chickened out, and I figured if we weren't all in it together I shouldn't bother.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This picture hasn't got anything to do with my post, but I thought I should remind you never to feed your mogwai after midnight.
I'm also the eldest and the only white male in a class that is about 80% international students. It's amazing just how exploited the international students are. They pay Au$5,000 for a six month course. Thanks to my healthcare card, I pay Au$160. From what I've seen so far, the course is good, but not $5,000 worth of good.

It's fairly interesting that people revert to clinging to racial groups in situations where they feel uncomfortable. I walked into a room 5 minutes late the other week and noticed that all the asians were on one table and all the non-asians were on another. I tried to put an end to the apartheid by sitting on the asian table, but the conversation wasn't really forthcoming. Some of the asians are painfully shy, I guess because of their language skills. Still, the barriers are slowly peeling away.

Today I decided to take the day off and do my work at home. And by "work at home" I mean "play Soul Caliber 2." I have a a crazy amount of work to do, so I'll sign off.

Oh, and for those of you who actually know me, I turn 27 soon and I'm having a party at my place on August 13. Contact me for details.

3 Comments:

Blogger Desci said...

Eee! Happy Birthday! I'll be busy getting ready for the NIN trip, but hugs and keeses for you speshal day xo

Sorry, did the 'Arnie S Goes Hugs and Rainbows' voice come through then? Regardless! Bappy Hirthday. xoxo

6:33 pm, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Mel said...

All the cool people have birthdays soon, I hear. You should add your lumpen presence to my Epic Birthday Week celebrations - I'm drinking on Saturday and doing karaoke on Thursday.

1:03 pm, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Had a great time at your party! I'm now thinking I will be able to make it to TINA. how are you getting there etc
cheers

1:10 pm, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home