February 20, 2007

another poster design


This time by me. I can't think of anything to improve the top of it. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: This is what I submitted. I would've liked less text and less repetition (the name was a big one) Probably should've used more blue than purple, but it was part of the brief. I could've got away with a more blueish purple though. Too late now. Hope it prints okay. For some inexplicable the trapping on the cyan plate was constantly fucking up.

Thought I should balance it out a bit with colour (did very much like the green) but the more I looked at old baseball cards and packaging, the more I saw how restricted the colour palettes really were.

You can see the reference image here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That is seriously slick. I'm impressed, and not sure it needs much of anything else. When you say "improve the top", do you mean just the bit with the text at the very top, or the image with the baseball player, too? The only thing that occurred to me was that he seemed a bit washed-out, like maybe you could trace around his edges a bit darker, like the women in an Alfons Mucha print.

1:08 pm, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Paul Watson said...

Suggestion re top of poster: "RMIT Student Union" is already at bottom - so just scrub it, if possible. Then put the "O Night" on guy's baseball cap.

5:29 pm, February 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya, do you want to come back to sunny Bundoora and design us some posters??? woo hoo!!!!

3:04 pm, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home