December 05, 2006

if i'm so immature, why does your bum stink so much?

This actually made me laugh. Alot. So I made a screen grab. It's from the Apple Network Utility.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was trying to find a port for the Azureus bittorrent client because Bittorrent seems to run too slow for me, and the usually fantastic Bitrocket now crashes on opening. Is there a simply good working client for OSX?

UPDATE: I'm now using Bits On Wheels. Seems to run a bit better and it's pretty, but I'm still not getting the speeds my PC friends seem to get; and yes, I am bumping up the upload speeds.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Komala said...

Settle, settle!

I use Bits on Wheels becuase it's pretty and I'm a fucking shallow Mac user. http://www.bitsonwheels.com/

You could probably try the Java port of Azureus: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

11:20 pm, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Lumpen said...

I am using the java Azureus. Whatever port I assign it comes up as a NAT error. I'm willing to put that down to my firewall, but I tried all the other tricks I could and nothing works. The torrents run, but they don't run great. Will try the other client.

1:24 am, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

utorrent!

3:19 pm, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

I had the same issue so I turned UPnP on on my router and it now runs quick as.

11:51 am, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transmission is pretty good. Simple, but doesn't hog processor time like Azureus. Open source, too! Started by the guys that developed the excellent Handbrake.

12:59 pm, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Mel said...

I just love that "fingering" is one of your blog labels. Like you totally anticipate writing a lot about that subject in the future.

7:41 pm, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home