December 08, 2006

be somebody

Just had a fucking BIZARRE interaction with one of those outsourced telemarketers. He was trying to drop in Australian colloquialisms but in rather strange ways.

"As a bloke, you are not listening to me." he said. Truth is, he wouldn't listen to me as I tried to explain politely that I wasn't interested in receiving any more unsolicited calls. This got him really mad and he started yelling at me.

"What's wrong with you? I'm not a telemarketer! I am from a financing company trying to offer you a service! Am I taking anything from you?!" he yelled from somewhere in Asia.

I explained that he was taking up my time and my patience and the only reason I was still on the phone to him was because I was trying to make it so he didn't call back. He asked for my name and when I refused to give it to him (because, I said,I didn't want more telemarketers to call and pretend to be my friend by asking for me by name). He continued to yell so I hung up.

I wish I had the guts to sing this to him, because he was clearly being somebody's fool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home