August 16, 2006

happy birthday to me

The older I get, the less presents I get, but the more they mean to me when I get them.



Below is a poster I designed for VCA, heavily *cough* inspired *cough* by Methane Studios.

The font is kind of sucky, but the pressure of deadline meant I couldn't hand render a lot of what I wanted to do. There's a corresponding pamphlet too.

True Type fonts: just a little better than useless. Normally I don't go for such an obvious association (bubblegum font with a bubblegum machine. How daring!), but it is kind of nifty. Any font snobs have a better suggestion for a font? Oh, and the big font is House Industries' Fink Painted with a few modifications. And it's PMS 226 U and black. I have no idea what stock it's going on though

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kick-ass poster. Happy birthday! Hope you got my text.

8:32 am, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Hey Happy birthday!! I talked to karl appartenlty the person in question already has a partner in QLD...

6:24 pm, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Desci said...

Happy Birthday, you magnificent he-whore. xo

7:34 pm, August 17, 2006  
Blogger richardwatts said...

Happy birthday, mate - another year older, another year closer to the grave. ;-)

3:24 pm, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Tom said...

Happy belated birthday. I met 'Run Amok' today - and talking with him reminded me that I hadn't visited your blog for a while.

I hope you're going well.


Tom

9:01 pm, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home