August 01, 2006

boom shake the room

This ad on the left came up in my Gmail account. How sensitive.

As an aside, I saw a pro-Israel rally in the city awhile ago and it gave me the heebeegeebees. Seeing people literally wearing flags like Superman capes screaming that it was unfortunate, but okay to bomb civilians because the "others started it" made me feel sick. How can you cheerlead something like that?

Just as sickening is the ease with which the Left seems to be mostly uncritical of Hezbollah. I really want to do something about this bullshit war (is it really a war when it's so one-sided and painfully adventurist?) but I'll be damned if I jump on that particular bandwagon. There are better forms of resistance than supporting armed religious nuts.

Then again, maybe it'd be a bit easier to condemn Hezbollah if the Israeli state weren't so murderous. Hey Zionists, here's a tip: you can't bomb people into liking you. It's a fact!

It's almost as if neither combatant gave a shit about peace and were trying to bomb the world into their own image.

Meh, I'm talking out of my arse. I know bugger all about the Middle East (aside from the obvious stuff) and not really in a position to defend myself against the ineveitable know-it-alls who can cite massacres and UN resolutions and whatnot. What I do know is that Israel is either painfully and dangerously inept at acheiving its objectives, or they have an an agenda that can be revealed by reading the scorchmarks they leave in Beirut.

Related link.



1 Comments:

Blogger weasel said...

I'm not an expert either, but I'm not without book learnin' on the subject either... and I tend to think you're spot on.

What *is* with the hezbollah fan clubs?

The enemy of your enemy is not yopur friend when he's a fundamentalist muslim who would take away the liberties you hold dear! Freedom doesn't have to be a right wing concept, trot fuckers.

3:46 pm, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home