July 27, 2006

the sea was like my mother's womb

I took the day off school today. Just as I was about to leave for class, my cat did an amazing karate kick and knocked a full cup of coffee all over my desk, including my keyboard, scanner, graphics tablet and mouse (which was filled with coffee). On his way down fron the giant roundhouse against the mocha, he completely destroyed an expensive bit of cartridge paper. I took it as a sign that, on some days, it's just not worth leaving the house.

I'm finally getting together that podcast I've been talking about for ages (the banned, notable and controversial music one, not the zombie one). I was looking for info on Pauline Pantsdown and I came across this completely insane "fan" site. Link. I think I'm going to go with Controversy by Prince as the theme song for the podcast. Predictable, I know, but it's a great track. I'm open to alternatives (I'm also leaning toward Tonight We'll Make Love 'Til We Die by SSQ).

Oh, and leave suggestions for tracks and resources in the comments section please. So far I have (after 5 minutes of looking through my iTunes library):
  1. 99 Problems - Jay Z and DJ Danger Mouse
  2. What U Sittin' On? (feat. Jemini, Cee Lo And Tha Alkaholiks) - DJ Danger Mouse
  3. Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
  4. Baby Got Back - Sir Mixalot
  5. Oldschool Players - DJ Shir Khan and Outkast
  6. Rosa Parks - Outkast
  7. Touch Me (I Want Your Body) - Samantha Fox
  8. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr
  9. 911 is a Joke - Public Enemy
  10. Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus
  11. Aloha Steve & Danno - Radio Birdman
  12. I Want Candy - MC Chris
  13. I'm A Back Door Man - Pauline Pantsdown
  14. Good Time Girl - Dsico
You'll just have to wait for the podcast to find out why these songs are being included (hint: it's something to do with being banned, notable or controversial.)

Yet another amazing YouTube video. I think this kid was trying to save the local community centre through dancing like a rubber swastika or something. (I'm reliably told that the track in the background is Eutow by Autechre from the Tri-Repetae album.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Wow that must of sucked ais the equipment okay? My cat June used to get into my rolled up life drawings and rip them up! She'd come out covered in red contee'
How did you like the Cd's ?

7:59 pm, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Also I din't think you drank coffee, tell us the truth was it really pepermint tea..;)

8:00 pm, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Desci said...

Hey, I don't know the actual rules, but I think iTunes has a hissy fit when you play songs without permission, so you'll have to try and go around that? Looking forward to the podcast anyway! xo

12:55 pm, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Lumpen said...

Brilliant. Consider it added.

7:49 pm, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Andy said...

makhno is awesome.

simply...

AWESOME.

don't mess!

9:50 pm, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home