August 12, 2006

a pseudonym to fool him

Oh dear god. I am so insanely busy and so behind with my school work. So busy in fact, that I had to look up Kate Bush filmclips on YouTube.

Behold the enigma that is Kate Bush. I've always loved this song, and whenever I play this track at parties, it's great to see a whole dancefloor start to give their own interpretations of her dancing.



SPOILER ALERT: Here's an interview with Ms Bush in the 1980s (from Countdown!) explaining the meaning and origins of this song. It's a bit like the directors cut of Donnie Darko. It explains everything but it loses something when the mystery is taken out.



Now, you might say, "Oh Lumpen, what an awesome scallywag you are. What, with liking Kate Bush since you were a lad and all."
To that I would reply, "All is not as it appears my cockney friend. The first time I remember hearing (and liking) Kate Bush was in the song 'Something Good' by the Utah Saints., which heavily samples her brilliant song 'Cloudbursting'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home