June 02, 2005

flawless victory

The results of the poll are in. I'm looking to get into TAFE.

As it turns out, it's all very last minute. Second semester enrollments are due now. I got on the case late last week and, as much as I tried to avoid it, all my eggs are in one basket. I'm only putting in an application to one TAFE, and its campuses are in some very, very shitty suburbs. The certificate I'm looking to do in Graphic Design will hopefully allow me to springboard into a degree.

The thing that worries me most is that I have to submit my academic record. Let me tell you: it's shit. It's very shit. I failed pretty much everything at uni because I never really went to class (five years, off and on). I was too busy drinking, editing the uni paper and wasting my time in student politics.

I suppose I could fap about the flaws in academia and how it's really all the fault of capitalism, but instead I'm going to laugh at the Naomi Robson video again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a confession to make. I voted three times. I couldn't decide whether you should go to tafe or uni and I didnt want to suggest that you should get off the dole. Coz its just not a good idea. tafe sounds good though- i guess.

6:47 pm, June 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that naomi robson video is great.

7:03 pm, June 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you should have gone to rmit then mate - i went for four years, drank, edited the uni paper and never went to class and passed with flying colours - as long as i ticked that little hecs box and they got their grubby hands on the cash they didn't give a damn...

and that naomi robson video is some funny shit.

12:56 am, June 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home