June 27, 2006

remember chummy fleming

Fight for Fair and Just Work Laws protest this Wednesday the 28th at Trades Hall, Melbourne.

I'll be in the General Strike Bloc if anyone wants to try stalk me.

From the Wikipedia entry on Chummy Fleming:
On being expelled from Trades Hall Council in 1904, Fleming became heroic and made the following statement:
"... I am going to be expelled because I am an anarchist. I am in the company of Tolstoy, Spencer and the most advanced thinkers of the world. Workers will never get their rights while they look to Parliament. A general strike would be more effective than all the Parliaments in the world. I have got a fine stick and I am going to use It. Expel me if you like. I am an anarchist. We have been hanged in Chicago, electrocuted in New York, guillotined in Paris and strangled in Italy, and I will go with my comrades. I am opposed to your Government and to your authority. Down with them. Do your worst. Long live Anarchy".
Currently playing:
Chi Ching (Cheque 1 2) and Sad Arse Strippa – Lady Sovereign
9 to 5 – Ordinary Boys
Boogie Down Bronx – Mann Parrish feat Freeze Force
Spooky – Lydia Lunch
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

I'm sure i saw your red ehad on the news. Were you wearing a black top? Possibly holding a sign or standing right next to someone holding a sign, 'more strike less...'something?

11:27 pm, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home