January 18, 2006

too sweet to be sour

Recently I've been forced into more interractions with the Job Network. For welfare hobbyists, this is to be avoided at all costs. As I have suspected for many years, more contact equates to greater demands placed on the dole recipient.

In the last couple of months I have been forced into the the offices of Ascendance Pty Ltd™®©omgwtflol. This culminated in the threat of DOING MORE WORK FOR THE DOLE. Regular readers would be aware that the origins of this blog was a stint doing WftD in a mind-numbingly stupid christian organisation.

In the nick of time, I was accepted into a course at RMIT. This makes me exempt from the harsher forms of mutual obligation. However, if I were to do WftD. I would've been forced into a program making books for small children. I can fucking imagine what the quality of those would be: 'Why Mummy Smokes Horizon Cigarettes' and the like.

The upshot to my increased contact is an offer to change me from offices in Camberwell to Brunswick (that's much closer to my house. It takes me 2 hours to travel to Camberwell).

TAFE Entrance Mix Tape:
'Keep It Up' - Fannypack
'Spiralling' - Antony & The Johnsons
'You've Got The Touch' - Stan Bush
'Swan Lake' - Blackalicious
'Sofa King' - DangerDoom
'Crickets Sing for Annamaria' - Emma Bunton
'Hounds of Love' - Kate Bush
'Five Minutes of Funk' - Whodini

1 Comments:

Blogger weasel said...

Oh my god... emma bunton.

she is too too good to be a former spice girl. that album is great.

have you heard of robyn (swedish pop star turned cool) or freezepop (electro pop act who do covers of the 'jem' theme and 'boom boom let's go back to my room')? these are my current poptastic favourites/

1:04 am, March 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home