January 08, 2006

frienemies

I heard the word "frienemies" in a song, I forget which, and it was a great encapsulation of those intense friendships that inevitably go awry. And I've had a few of those lately. Actually, I think it better describes those hate friendships – the Heathers kind. It's more like a slow, restrained loathing in close proximity that resembles friendship. But it isn't.

Speaking of relationships to people, I'm adding two new links and removing a couple.

First and foremost, I'm linking @ndy's new blog. Nicely researched gossip, which is the best kind.

I'm also linking Antipopper. I met the guy who does this blog years ago - although he probably has no idea who I am. I remember hearing that (gasp) he has been using Photoshop for so long he recalls when it didn't use layers. Oh, and his blog is bloody great, too.

It's goodbye to the Adi Granov link. Even though the latest issue of Invincible Iron Man has finally come out and didn't disappoint, he just doesn't update frequently enough.

Similarly, I'm ditching the Sam Kieth link. He's still pretty much the artist equivalent of the liger, but his site hasn't been updated in years.

I'm also deleting the link to the MTME Transformers page. I've never liked it that much and, meh, I'm going for prestige in my links from now on.
P.S. Gag me with a spoon! I just googled "frienemies" and realised it's from the song 'Get What You Give' by The New Radicals. I even remember how I knew the spelling: I did that song at the infamous Sydney Vs Melbourne Anarchist Karaoke Competition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

i link you too

12:56 am, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Cool links

9:56 am, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home