August 23, 2004

procrasti-nation

I'm hopelessly behind in my writing, so what better time to fuck around with my blog? I've added a comments section and I expect all my friends and acquaintences to leave a note saying that they've checked it out. Seriously; I really want to know who reads this.
I've just used a Blogger template to change the look of the site, but hopefully in the next few months I can get someone to help me change it into something original.
Zombie chop!
So it turns out that a machette isn't a great substitute for a scrunchie.
In other news, I've started writing reviews for a local street press. This week I'm reviewing one of my favourite films ever; Dawn of the Dead on DVD. The doco in the extras, The Dead Will Walk, is fucking awesome. It gives real insight into Romero's film making process and box office politics in the 1970s. The only real disappointment is the Dario Argento version of the film is still a mystery (the Italian/European edit of the film, known as Zombi) and the score by Goblin isn't isolated. Other than that, it's great. I'll post the review when it's done.
Albums I've been listening to this week:
Bob Sinclair - Paradise
Björk - MedúllaDance
Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell
Bill Hicks - Arizona Bay
Songs I've been listening to this week:
Har Mar Superstar - 'Power Lunch.'
Grand Popo Football Club - 'Men Are Not Nice Guys.'
The Cramps - 'Surfing Dead.'
Iron Maiden - 'Run To The Hills.'
Puffy Ami Yumi - 'Love So Pure.'
Jamelia - 'Superstar.'

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dj,
carol burnt a whole lot of cds for me and bangkok, and among them there's a gem entitled 'leigh's cherry pop'. pure joy. i turned up the volume and opened the windows. and all the people in the streets dropped their shopping and rubbed their groins on each others knees in time to the beats.
i like the EJC pitch. i'll watch it when it gets dubbed into thai.
asha

2:55 am, August 24, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I read this from time to time, so thought I'd say howdy. I only started reading it to get the full Gene Simmons interview, after you put the link to it in your column.

- Maria the Big Red cinnamon chewing gum girl

2:25 pm, August 24, 2004  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

Like the new posts, esp the angie hart interview.

4:58 pm, August 24, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, you interviewed angie hart? must scroll down!
but yes my amyl buddy i do read yer blog and imagine us with a warm buzz dancing to thriller!!

6:53 pm, August 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home