March 25, 2006

spatula city

Made a mix CD for a friend today. Why not download the tracks and rock out? I'm staying home tonight to watch Antony (of Antony & The Johnsons fame) program Rage. But if it's all Jimmy Somerville and shit I'm just going to bed. (Good news, I just looked up the playlist and it's great. Link.)

Hipotitis-C Mixtape:Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Side A
Real Wild Child (Wild One)
- Iggy Pop
Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats
Ain't No Fun - 213
Like A Feather - Nikka Costa
Keep It Up - Fannypack
Boys In Town - The Divinyls
Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
Love Is The Drug - Roxy Music
Computer Camp Love - Datarock
Heartbeats - The Knife
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush


Side B
Image hosted by Photobucket.comHope There's Someone - Antony And The Johnsons
Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
Ramblin' Man - Hank Williams
Old Cape Cod - Patti Page
We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service
Sprout and the Bean - Joanna Newsom
Pass This On - The Knife
Calling It Quits - Aimee Mann
Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies
Fotzepolitic - Cocteau Twins



With the Commonwealth Games still going on, I haven't caught the train around the city, and so I haven't seen the devastation caused by painting grey slabs over the graffiti. Banksy has written an article about it in The Guardian here. I actually thought Banksy was a bit played out (a la Shepard Fairey) but then I followd the link to his pics on the Israeli Wall.

Oh, and here is my favourite new song (except for the bits where the guy is singing in the chorus. That part is shit).

4 Comments:

Blogger richardwatts said...

Damn, I wish I'd watched Rage on Saturday night now... As for Banksy - love the quote re beauty by the elderly Palestinian...

12:59 am, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Mel said...

I was in a plush city hotel room drinking champagne when we decided to see what was on Rage, and turned it on in the middle of Pulp "Babies". Then we stood on the table and danced to "Crazy in Love". It was all looking so promising until around 2:30am.

5:20 pm, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

sounds like a great playlist. Still going to the zine fair?
Your mixes are the best, I listen to them all the time ;)

5:44 pm, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Bads33d said...

I love the film clip - the only thing missing from that song was the obligatory shot where one of the musos blows coke up the singer's arse a la Stevie Nicks: the Pre-Sobriety Era.

1:59 pm, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home